Monday, April 8, 2013

I'm so excited!!

I am so excited that I am going to the Gluten & Allergen Expo in Chicago April 20-21!! This year I am part of the official Chicago GFAF Expo blogger team! (Can you tell I'm excited?!)
I had a blast last year and I'm sure this year will be just as fun. I loved the ability to talk to both companies that I am familiar with as well as new companies selling gluten free items. Many companies have samples that you can try of current and new products. I loved the fact that I was able to try out so many different products free! I also brought my boys with me and I loved that I was able to have them try out products. This saves wasted money on buying products that they won't eat.
It was also great to be able to see and try new products. I was then able to request that my local stores carry the new products. While some products have taken almost a year to make it to stores near me, it was worth the wait. Can you say allergy friendly pop tarts! My kids are in heaven and enjoying their treat.
One unique treat of having so many companies in one place is the ability to talk to the companies. It was so beneficial to talk face to face to different companies and ask questions. This year I will be asking about GMO's, how they are preventing cross contamination in their factory and how can I get some of their products to you.
Another great benifit to coming to the Expo is the speakers. These are people who know what they are talking about when it comes to what we are all going through. I learned so much last year from the speakers and I am excited to learn even more this year. You can follow the Gluten & Allergen Expo on Facebook or Twitter to keep up to date on speakers, what companies will be at the vender fair and which bloggers will be there.
I can't wait for the Expo and I hope to see you there!

1 comment: