Friday, August 3, 2012

Fast Friday - Chocolate Angel Food Cake


Yesterday was my dad's birthday and his favorite cake is chocolate angel food cake. I did lots of internet searching and found this one from Lynn's Recipe Adventures. It turned out great except for the mistake I made. I assumed that the measuring spoon in the sugar container was a 1/4 cup but it was a 1/3 cup. So mine had a bit more sugar in it that it was suppose to but I couldn't tell the difference. I made dairy free chocolate whipped cream to go with it and it was a hit!

Dairy Free Chocolate "Whipped Cream"
What you need:
1 16oz Healthy Top by MimicCreme
1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon coco powder
1/2 cup powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Chill the box of Healthy Top for 1/2 an hour before starting. Empty the box of Healthy Top into the bowl of a stand mixer and add vanilla extract. Sift together the coco powder and powder sugar and add to the bowl. Using the whisk attachment beat mixture till soft peaks form. This will take several minutes on high speed. Refrigerate until cake is cool. Frost the cake with the chocolate whipped cream. 




And now for the winner of the canning book! It is number 13 Shannon!! Congrats! Contact me to the e-mail address under the contact me tab with your full name, address and phone number and the book will be on the way!





No comments:

Post a Comment