Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chili 3-ways

I had a blast at Nourished and at the Gluten Free Expo this past weekend! I will have several post about what I found and who I met but for now this is what was for dinner tonight.

I love chili and eating chili three ways is one of my favorite easy meals. I had a package of beef in the fridge I needed to use so I decided it was a chili kind of night.
You need for the chili:
1 pound ground beef
14 oz Brooks ketchup
1 can hot dog sauce
1 T Apple cider vinegar
1 T brown sugar
1 can chili beans
For the extra sauce:
3/4 cup ketchup
1 T Worcestershire sauce
First brown your ground beef and drain all the fat off. Add your ground beef back into your pan and add the ketchup, hot dog sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and chili beans. Simmer till everything is warm.
For the extra sauce to drizzle on combine the second amount of ketchup and worcestershire sauce.
A few notes about this recipe. Make sure you read your labels!!! There are brands out there that have gluten in them so do your research first. When I made it tonight we didn't have any hot dog sauce so I added in two cans of chili beans. The great part of this recipe is that you can change it to your taste. If you like it hot use hot chili beans or if not use mild ones. Brooks Ketchup is local to the Midwest and has vinegar and other spices in it. If you can't find it use regular ketchup and add a bit more apple cider vinegar and worcestershire sauce to the chili.
When it is done it is time to assemble.
Cook your favorite gluten free pasta and then top with the chili and extra sauce. You can also add cheese (I used daiya)  and onions to make it a five way.
What is your favorite way?

No comments:

Post a Comment