Monday, May 7, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday-Do you use parchment paper?

Welcome to my first Miscellaneous Monday! It has taken me a lot of thought to what I wanted my first miscellaneous Monday to be but I decided to write about my love of parchment paper. Since we have gone gluten free I use parchment paper on almost everything. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about any cross contamination with my old pans where gluten might be hiding. I also don't have to wonder if my grandma used the pan (she is not gluten free) and how clean it is.
The second reason that I have discovered a new love of parchment paper is the fact that sometimes gluten free baking can lead to sticky messes or a new recipe that does not want to leave the pan. This is where parchment paper steps in and saves the day. Today I made fresh strawberry and banana cookies that can be found here. They were really yummy but the strawberries caramelized if they were on the bottom of the cookie, which then stuck to the parchment paper.
 
I use If You Care unbleached parchment paper (I also have their muffin liners also) and I have never had a problem with it.
Do you use parchment paper and if you do what kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment